Thursday, October 30, 2008

Prayer Journal


I apologize for not posting any sneak peeks yesterday. I got to work at 9:30am and came home at 9pm! I sat down on the couch with dinner, turned on the TV, and promptly fell asleep!!!
Today I am showing you cards I made using a November release set from Clear Dollar Stamps called "Prayer Journal." And what a lovely set indeed. As a design team we were given several challenges to complete so I decided to combine the sketch and color challenges with this one. The colors are Going grey, Mellow moss and Taken with teal. I needed to add the black to really pop the colors. The card measures 5 1/4 square, a size I don't seem to use often enough. Along the diagonals of each color is a new border stamp by CDS called "Scallop Leaf Border" that coordinates with the Prayer Journal set beautifully. The sentiment, "It is Good to Give Thanks to the Lord" is from the "For Our Lord" set. I heat embossed the cross in black on grey and cut it out. It is popped up on several layers of Nestabilities ovals which are also popped up (I love dimension!). Black organdy ribbon, silver cord and silver hardware were also added.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful!!!

Laurie Wilson said...

that scrolly cross really is an eye grabber! beautiful details and layout design, just a wonderful card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Great colors and layout. I like the flourishes along the diagonal cut too. Beautiful Linda!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card, Linda....the cross is sooo pretty...such an elegant design!!

Linda Borneman said...

Linda, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL WORK! Your detailed cutting out of the cross is amazing! And you're right...the black really makes those gorgeous colors pop! Just beautiful!