Monday, December 24, 2007

Blog Challenge #4



Merry Almost Christmas!!!!! I'm sitting here sipping a margarita waiting for 15 more minutes to pass until the stroke of midnight. I did some stamping today, something I haven't done for quite some time. Too much stress of the holidays left me little play time. That's why my weekend blog challenge is showing up on a Monday (almost Tuesday!!).

Here goes: This challenge is to make a holiday Thank You card. Pretty simple I know, and I have only one stipulation...it must have some thankful sentiment on the front of the card. I made my card using an Elzybell image my wonderful friend VivLyn sent me. I loved what she sent that I ended up ordering some of my own (thanks Viv!!). I watercolored her with refills then traced around her with a very light grey Tombow marker. I love the way that makes images pop! Basic Grey Figgy Pudding is the designer paper that I finally broke down and used. What a hoarder!! The other colors I used were sahara sand, white, chocolate chip and bravo burgundy. Don't you just love the satin ribbon!! At first I wasn't sure I'd like it being so wide but after I used it I changed my tune!!!! Went with the oval punches and some paper piercing to finish it off. After I had it together I thought I should have done some sewing on it -- maybe I'll make another one and give that a go.

I look forward to seeing everyone's Holiday Thank You cards!! Please use the keyword STBC04 when uploading to the SCS gallery. Leave a comment here also so we all can check it out. All gallery submissions can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=stbc04&limit=

1 comment:

Viv said...

She is so cute and I love that ribbon! I'm glad you jumped on the Elzybell bandwagon! I can't wait to see their spring images! Great job Linda!