Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Christmas in July Sweet Sketch Style

It's Wednesday, and once again we have a fabulous sketch for you to try at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Play along, you could win a most wonderful prize from our sponsor, DigiStamp Boutique.
Sally Ann is offering free digi images - but not just one, or two, or even three...no, no, no, this generous lady is offering 10 FREE DIGI IMAGES!!! So what's stopping you??!! With that fabulous prize on the line, you'd better get stamping!!!

And here is my card using Arlana's super fun sketch and Digi Stamp Boutique's adorable image, Christmas Robin. I've always had fun with Christmas in July!! I printed this image onto watercolor paper and used my Tombow markers and blender pen to color it in. The DSP is an older SU paper called Merry Moments. Colors of cardstock include Chocolate chip, Real red, and Cameo coral. The sentiment is a rub-on...I'm starting to use these more and lovin' them. The snowflake is felt, the brad is corduroy, and the red candy dots were a last minute decision (that's what I get for rushing thru the sketch and not paying attention to the details!!). Of course a little stitching and chocolate satin ribbon finishes it off. Now remember, play along, you might be our next winner!!! Check out the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog for more great inspiration from the rest of the design team.

13 comments:

JR Creations said...

Oh man, these Tombows are getting better and better, your images are defo the best i've seen with them. Love the feel to this, it's sorta vintage and I love vintage!!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my, this is sooo lovely! The paper is fabulous, you colored the image beautifully. Great work!!

I'm sorry I didn't get to your blog last week - my days just got away from me.

Simple and Sweet said...

Your card is so pretty! You colored that image perfectly! I love Christmas in July! Great job!

Genevieve said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card! The image is darling & fab Dp :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh so very pretty! Love the image and the DP is so... pretty!!!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Kathie said...

Oh Linda, I love your card it's too good to give away. The image is super cute I must get it. The colours and the papers you have used are awesome together. You have made a wonderful job of this card I just love it, love it, love it. Great work!!!
Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

mulberry station said...

Linda, I really, really like your card this week. The colors and the beautiful job you did on the image is fantastic. Your card is perfect!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Linda, this is darling. I love your coloring, image and papers. Oh that bird is so sweet.

Stacy said...

This is gorgeous!!!! This is my favorite card this week!!!! The coloring is fab!

Jeannie said...

I didn't even know Tombow had markers?!! Well your card just couldn't be more perfect for the holiday's and that felt snowflake and corduroy brad are the perfect cozy touch!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Linda this is gorgeous. Your coloring and papers are beautiful!!Such a sweet card.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Linda, Wow I just love your Christmas Robin and the way you colored him up! Your felt snowflake and cordoroy brad is such a fun addition along with the three little brads! Your SU paper is gorgeous...I always feel sad when my favorite papers are gone!

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love this christmas bird. Love how you colored the bird and all your fablous touches. Have a berry sweet day!!!