Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Howdy Partner and Flying By Sneaks!

I'm going to give you just a tease of these next two sets...needing to leave for work plus the uploading of my pictures isn't cooperating so I'm running out of time!! This set is called Howdy Partner and designed by the lovely Shawne Arnold. I had to give watercoloring with Tombow markers a try - the cowboy is heat embossed first on watercolor paper then color was added. How fun...for someone who doesn't color very well! I fell in love with the Bazzill cardstock I found at my local scrapbook store - reminded me of denim. And I found the piece of bandana designer paper in, you guessed it, my scrap box!!! Had to add a little charm by Karen Foster as well as some bling and ribbon. You'll see more samples of this set by other DT members: Angela, Nancy, Sarah, Candy, and Laurie.

And here is a wonderful set designed by our very own DT Leader, Laurie Wilson called Flying By. I was drawn to this particular image of the set because every summer we vacation in the Outer Banks, NC (Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, etc.) and the history of the Wright Brothers and their first flight is fascinating to us. This plane reminded me of that event in aviation history. I stamped it in Night of navy then stamped over it with versamark dazzle for a little sparkle. The left hand panel is stamped in navy and red with a stamp from the set while the right hand side is a piece of designer paper. Okay, so I love brads, adding lots and lots of minis and some large. Please check out others showing this set today: Laurie, Trudy, Katie, Sarah, and Candy.

8 comments:

Shawne said...

Great samples Linda! I looove the brads! You did a fantastic job coloring with those tombow's too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Great guy card, I like the paisley paper. Your plane card ROCKS.... SO love the layout and your background!

Heather said...

Man you have been busy. I thought I was keeping up with things and then I realize I missed like 6 projects of yours. These are both fabulous!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Linda, these two cards are just too cute!! Love that stripe ribbon - great touch!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Awesome design and coloring!

Very cool samples!

:-)

Kevin Renz said...

You rocked the peeks Linda!!! Love visiting and checking out all your fabulous work.

Cassie said...

Wow, these are awesome ;D

Tricia T said...

Wow! Fabulous cards! I love that plane one with all the brads, and the addition of the charm on the first card is perfect!