Friday, January 9, 2009

WRAK Featured Blogger Challenge Debut

That's right, there's a new challenge debuting today called the Featured Blogger's Challenge. Our first blog to be inspired by is Collette's (aka heavensent): http://collette-heavensent.blogspot.com/. I cased this card of her's: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__icD-dov5r0/SWRrYuG9VeI/AAAAAAAAA3c/V6T0dohIrqg/s1600-h/FS98+12-22+cgl.jpg. The image I received thru WRAK and used the faux silk technique on it. I covered the image with glue stick then a crumpled up piece of tissue paper. I then sponged over it with Creamy caramel ink and it really brought out the wrinkles nicely. I changed the colors up too - Not quite navy, Creamy caramel, Bravo burgundy, White, Designer paper from scrap bin. Instead of the fancy border Collette had on her card, I used ribbon. I too added tiny pearls to the corners of the scallop layer and some sewing (my machine wasn't behaving very well though!!). The right hand corner looked empty so I put in some paper piercing. Instead of a prima and brad I added a flower button.


What a beautiful blog Collette!!! I had a fun time going through it!

5 comments:

Heather said...

This is incredibly beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Beautiful card!!!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful Linda.

Pia said...

Great card! Thanks for the challenge!

Susan said...

I like how you combined this image with the embossing folder.