Friday, May 29, 2009

Because You're Wonderful!

Another DRS Designs stamp that has never seen ink...until tonight!! This turtle is sooooo cute!!! I used my Copic markers on him and Crystal Effected his shell. I masked him off to stamp in the grass, also from DRS Designs, and sponged in green to fill in the white. Now those blobs of white and blue are my first attempt at clouds -- thanks for the inspiration Stacy, aka Twinshappy! I'll need more practice, that's for sure. The sentiment is from TAC, oval punched out and popped up on the scallop oval punch, which is also popped up. I used scraps of Basic Grey paper and added two lavender pearls. A definite step out of my comfort zone because purple is not a fave of mine at all, so I very rarely use it. Using it small doses is okay though.


I'm having a few ladies over on Sunday to stamp, so I'd better get everything ready. The Pens are on tomorrow in the Stanley Cup so not much stamping will be going on then!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! I love this. Love all the layers and your coloring is fabulous. The clouds look terrific. I just tried sponging clouds for the first time recently and found that I need A LOT more practice. Yours look fabulous! Great job!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cute Shelldon card!!! TFS

Jennifer E. said...

This is so neat! I love the little scene you've created with the grass & clouds around Shelldon!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! Such an adorable layout and colors! :)