Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Glistening Christmas Card Challenge

A Christmas card??????? Yep, this is for the monthly Christmas card challenge. I made ten of these simple because I spent soooooooo much last year for postage that I vowed to not repeat it this year. These are actually for the month of March (which has come and gone already!), finished yesterday -- nothing like waiting till the last moment. Anyway, the image is from a Close to My Heart set called Merry Pursuits. There are four adorable elves in the set - this one skating, one opening a present, one building a snowman, and another swinging on a string of lights! I colored them all with the same color scheme, trying to copy the In Colors. And they all got glittered somewhere. The skater was my favorite so that's why I showed him! The designer paper I stamped the snowflakes on with a Papertrey Ink set called Snowflake Additions (the sentiment also came from this set). And they even got a touch of the sparkly too. I even ran that layer thru my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder, my fav. I used Pacific point and Tangerine tango cardstock and Riding hood red ribbon.
I have to get ready for work. I'm hoping to get some cards made tonight as I have a friend and her mother who both celebrate their birthdays on Saturday! We are also having another Wish RAK challenge evening on Saturday so I want to get some images colored and ready to assemble. It's great having my mojo back!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute! I love this set, great job with the background and the adorable elf!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! I haven't gotten January's done yet!! I'll be rushed at the last minute as usual.

Heather said...

I love this! The elf is totally adorable! Great xmas card. You've inspired me to actually start thinking about xmas cards. I probably won't start making them but at least I'm thinking about it, lol. Hope you have a great weekend!