Monday, March 30, 2009

A Card For Amy - Just Because


I made this quick card last night to send to a friend, just to let her know I'm thinking of her. I found quite a stack of card kits I had cut out for past stamp camps so I've set a goal for myself -- use 'em!!!!!!!! I have no idea what the original card looked like with this "kit" but it was fun making it into something new. I just got this Papertrey Ink set called Damask Designs that I stamped using their Raspberry Fizz ink. I think the cardstock is Pixie pink. I added the strip of white embossed scrap I found on my desk and layered it with some black. The sentiment is stamped with black, punched out with the large oval punch, and layered with an oval scallop from a scrap of raspberry fizz cardstock, yep, you guessed it, I found on my desk. I never seem to clean off my desk in between projects!!!!! Several things are popped up with dimensionals and a touch of black gingham ribbon was also added. Now to write a note and drop it in the mail before heading out to work! I think she'll like it!!
Busy weekend -- I had another stamp camp yesterday (and one more scheduled for next Sunday!!) that everyone enjoyed. Unfortunately I forgot to take a key ingredient for one of the projects they were to make, I felt like such an idiot!! They plan on holding another one so they can learn to make the cute little treat box then. I've also been busy trying to get my March Christmas cards done for the monthly challenge - only three more to go!! I'll post a picture once I get them done! Have a great Monday!!!

4 comments:

Jacquel said...

Too cute Linda and I do like the colors together! Have fun @ your stamp camps!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like how this turned out too. Great vibrant colors and fabo image Linda. She will love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I need to get caught up here! This is a lovely card!

Heather said...

I can't believe how far behind I am. I missed a bunch of fabulous cards of yours. This one is terrific! I love the colors you used!